Kitchen Guy By Chef Jim

Kitchen Guy By Chef Jim
Chef Jim Gray

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Is there a problem with this omelet?

When I pick recipes to present on my television show, a lot of thought goes into the process. Maybe I should run it by some other people, based on the response to this week's recipe.

I thought that an omelet with bacon and avocado (repeat: BACON!!!!) would gain some notice. But looking at the counts on the various places where these episodes are posted, including the newsletter I send out every week, it is the least viewed episode EVER.

Hmmmm. What could be wrong? Could it be that everyone knows how to make an omelet. Could it be they've heard of this combination before. Could it be that they hate hate hate this combination?

I'm stumped. So I'm going to show it again in this blog and maybe some of you will enlighten me as to why it is -- far and away -- the least viewed episode in the 10+ year history of Kitchen Guy.

Here's the video, followed by the recipe:


For each omelet:
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 large eggs
2 oz bacon, crumbled
2 Tbsp Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 ripe avocado slices
1 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp salsa
salt and pepper to taste

Crumble a slice of bacon. Heat butter in an omelet pan.

Whisk the eggs, adding salt and pepper, and cook until mostly set, but still creamy on top.

Evenly spread crumbled bacon and sliced avocado over half the omelet.

Fold the omelet and heat through, turning if desired.

Melt the cheese on top.

Garnish with sour cream and salsa and additional avocado slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment